Monday, May 12, 2014

New year, new location!

Apparently, I'm on a yearly thing for postings. It has been roughly a year since my last post and WOW, what a difference a year makes.

We moved! We got out of California and back to the east. Life in Tennessee is preferable to living in CA and we love it so far. We got here in November and we are into our fifth month in our new home. I can honestly say, I'm so much happier here than I was in CA. The people made California bearable, and I miss them all!

Life here is still getting set up. We found a place to live and jobs within the first 10 days. Everything seemed like it was destined to be. We live in a small 1 bedroom lofted apartment that looks like it belongs in a ski area in about 1984. We love it! We have a fireplace, a real working fireplace, which was great over the winter. We also have AC which is much needed already this late spring/early summer. We started jobs at a call center company and the project we worked on was awesome. That position was supposed to last until the end of March. Well, come mid-January, we were told that the project was being pulled early. We got rolled into another project at the same call center, which did not work out. So two steps forward, one step back. I have now been at Ashley Furniture as a CSR for 2 months and Matt has been back in school for two months.  I'm really proud of him! He's still looking for a job though, which is taking a toll on my stress level. We do have a 5 year plan of buying a house here. I plan to make that goal!!!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for us and the hardships we have faced. On the plus side, we have only grown stronger as a couple. As we approach our 8th wedding anniversary in June, I see how lucky we really are to have made it through everything together and more in love than ever. Our animals are aging but all doing well at this time. Finn is my old man at 16, Samson is 12 and Loki is about to turn 7. I can't imagine our lives without one of our boys but I know that realistically, I've got only a couple more years with Samson. I cherish every moment with my furbabies.

The temperature is climbing, my bank account is skinny, I am not and I'm stressed as hell. But I really do appreciate every moment.  I am lucky. I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment