Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Monday, Another Show....

It's Monday morning and I'm back.  I had an awesome weekend of cleaning and cooking and being lazy after it was all done!  I had an amazing Saturday of cooking and eating and accomplishing things.  I really love that feeling.  And now, I will make you hungry...

My hubby loves to cook.  Even more than that, he loves when people enjoy his cooking.  When he wants to feel really good, he invites others over for food in the hopes of making something good enough to have them wanting more.  He loves to be creative and loves it even more when his creativity is appreciated.  I think he love it the most when he and I cook together and he can then brag on me as well.  I so love this man!!  Anyway, he decided that we needed to make Eggs Benedict, the real way.  He was in charge of the eggs and it was up to me to make the hollandaise.... from scratch.  Now, not much goes into this yummy, rich sauce.  It's really just egg yolks, lemon, butter and a dash of red pepper.  The whisking involved is insane!!!! So 20 minutes later, arm sore and tired, we had absolutely amazing hollandaise!! After making it from scratch, I will never be satisfied with the "mock" version again.  I have spoiled myself.... AND my hubby and his brother!

So that was breakfast.... on to dinner!  My hubby requested a salmon dish that I haven't made since our second wedding anniversary.  It's an Asian inspired honey/soy/ginger glazed salmon.  Again with the sauce!  I served this with fresh green beans that I sauteed with shallots, garlic and a little olive oil... yum!  My brother in law has now decided that he needs to come over every weekend for breakfast and stay through to dinner.... we may have created our own problem here! Lol...

It was a nice weekend.  Saturday was our get things done and cook day.  Sunday was the hang out in your PJ's all day and do nothing day.  I loved it because I spent it with my hubby.  I am a very lucky woman.  5 years married and even more in love with this crazy man than ever before.  I keep expecting the love to mellow out, not diminish but just mellow, and it never does.  It gets brighter and stronger.  I was not prepared for this kind of love.  I knew I would never marry someone I wasn't sure I was in love with but I never expected this all consuming, burning, complete love.  Apparently, it shows... according to my friends.  I am thankful everyday that I happened upon this man and that I was given the chance to get to know him and, ultimately, share my life with him.  And the best part? I know he feels the same way... Isn't that nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment