Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Morning musings...

I'm so used to typing on my laptop in a remote location from home.  This morning I decided that home would be the place to spew my random thoughts.  It's been hot, which I hate.  I am from the south originaly and I'm a child of the AC world.  I HATE the heat!  There's no other way around it.  If you get too cold you can put more clothes on, if you're hot, there's only so much you can take off, especially in public!!  And trust me, for me, even less that I can take off in public.  I know what I can get away with on my body and more is better clothing wise.  I know many people who LOVE the heat.  The hotter it gets outside, the happier they are!  I think they're crazy....

I moved to Southern California about 8 months ago from Vermont.  I miss Vermont.  I am learning to love things about where I am now.  I have made some really amazing friends and that makes anything bearable.  I have had an interesting 8 months.  I have laughed a lot, cried even more and spent the rest of the time trying to figure out who I am now and how I got here.  The one constant that I never have questions about is my husband.  I am a blessed woman.  As long as we're together, I can handle anything.  I never really understood what movies and books and the like meant when talking about a soul mate or finding your match.  I get it now.  So for him, I moved to the desert.  I mean brown, cactus, palmtrees, sand..... DESERT!  It's a landscape like I have never known other than a week visit to Arizonia when I was 16 and another trip to Las Vegas in 2007.  I never thought I'd live in it!  I am learning.  It does have moments that take my breath away.  We are in the high desert surrounded by even higher mountains.  They look huge and old and bare... like wads of crumpled tissue paper that a larger being just used and threw down.  The many wrinkles and folds really do make a beautiful vision from the distance.  I miss grass, though, and trees and water and cold weather....

So, to sum up, it's Saturday morning, I miss cold weather and air conditioning, I have the best husband in the world and I have made wonderful friends.... I really shouldn't complain..... I have the best end of the deal out of those things!  Carry on... nothing to read here....

No comments:

Post a Comment