Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The "F" word...

No, not THAT "F" word.... I'm talking about failure.  Let's talk about it.  It's a word that crosses my mind far too often for my liking, and yet, I can't seem to stop it.  I can think of famous quotes and pithy sayings that would make for a funnier blog but I can't seem to muster the wit today.  I feel like a failure.  That is how that word most often comes up for me.  I know many people would probably want to smack me for even having that thought but since no one actually reads this blog (I'm guessing), then I think I'll remain smack free.  I know my husband would just get angry if I were to tell him how I feel.  And while I appreciate his leaping to my defense, since he's leaping against me as well, it hurts and makes me feel worse... more like I've failed him too.  Now, I'm smarter than the average bear and I know that I'm being silly and that I'm failing at giving myself a break, but there again.... fail.  So this will be a short entry as it is so negative... I hate being negative!!  It is SO not like me!  I guess I'm hoping that if I type all this out and read through it that I will realise how silly it all sounds.  However, how it sounds and how it feels are two entirely different things.  If only we could control our feelings with logic... but I guess they wouldn' be true feelings then, right?  Yeah.... so after reading this over again, I guess the idea of going back to school for Psychology is a good one, huh?  I'm gonna find a way to make it happen!  I have to.... Onward!

2 comments:

  1. smack. you have also accomplished quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, it was a low day... lol... Thanks for the smack, I needed that!

    ReplyDelete