Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Desperate Housewife....

Now I'm not talking about the TV show... I'm talking about ME!!  As I've previously stated, I'm unemployed right now.  I have a LOT of time to hang out at the house and think about what I want to do with my life.  I have been trying to stay busy what with job searching and all.... but there are only so many times you can search a job site to see that there's nothing available where you live, at least not for you.  As such, I have begun to become a housewife and boy do I admire those housewives out there!!!

I hate doing dishes.  I have vowed, in the past, to NEVER be without a dishwasher again... oops.  I live in a very small 1 bedroom bungalow style duplex.  I love it!  It's great!  We have all the space we need.  There's a small yard for the dogs and it's easy to clean.  No dishwasher, however.  I have done more dishes in the last couple of months than I have ever done!!  I still hate them but I'm better about actually doing them, rather than letting them pile up.  I also have been cooking a lot more.  I love to cook and I always have but now I'm actually trying new things and revisiting some old favorites.  Today, I'm making peach cobbler.  I have a ton of dishes to do right now but I decided to make cobbler instead.  I forgot how much fun it is to make it all from scratch.  My house smells warm and buttery and rich.  My dogs are snoring on the sofa and the cat is, most likely, under the bed.  My husband and I have recently joined a group to receive fresh organic produce from local farmers once a week.  This has also challenged me as a home cook.  Last week we got beautiful, amazing veggies.  We grilled the zucchini and the corn and I made fresh salsa.  The peaches for today's cobbler were also from our box.  The lettuce went the first day.  I love it! 

I am also enjoying the being a wife part of this whole odyssey.  I have to get up with my hubby in the mornings and drive him to work.  I come home and putter around the house (after I look for work,) and then go pick him up at the end of his work day.  We get to eat a late lunch together and then hang out.  We usually cook dinner together and then either go our separate ways or watch a movie.  It's nice to spend time with my sweetie.  I'm wondering when I'll start climbing the walls.... I am content for the moment. 

I will enjoy this contentment for a moment and then it will pass.  I will go clean the bedroom, gather the laundry and, yes, even do the dishes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment